My name is Wilson Lin and welcome to my website!
On this website you’ll find articles about statistics and some older articles that I’ve written.
In addition to these articles, I have created several interactive apps using R Shiny.
- Conjugate – Bayesian conjugate distributions
- Distribution explorer – simulates what different probability distributions look like (based on those in-built in R)
- Outlier – this app tries to identify outliers in time series
- Test – basic hypothesis test based on Binomial proportion or t-test
- Difference – hypothesis tests for difference between means
- Bayes – investigate the use of Bayes Theorem for looking into the intentionality behind unusual events
- NBA Mock Draft Simulator – input in a list and figure out whether you should trade your picks in a H2H points-based fantasy sports league (not limited to the NBA)
- Socks – an app that uses Approximate Bayesian Computation to try to estimate the solution to Karl Broman’s “Sock Problem”
Note: All apps on this page are made for educational purposes only.